This is the new blog...CONFESSION ZERO

CRASHING THE SURFACE



(A Poetic Justice Photomontage)


Sitting here in the dark I’ve nothing but my thoughts
drifting merrily just outside of my reach;
-A log cabin in the middle of nowhere-
-A greenwater pond-
-A full moon-
I am at once reminded of a place of memory…perhaps it is home.
I scan the surface of the water and see the reflection of the moon.
Suddenly an army of great golden lions bursts through the green
with mighty kings riding upon their backs.

A moment ago I was staring into the water that kissed the moon
and now I’m witnessing this glorious spectacle of mighty beasts
crashing through the surface, their riders golden crowns glimmering upon
their foreheads, black hair lifting up off their shoulders as they
lean back and roar triumphant!

Now, as suddenly as they came forth, they are gone and I’m looking
into the still water reflecting a green and glorious moon.

In need of sleep, I turn and make my way toward the cabin.
I will soon look back at the water
hoping to again glimpse the lions
and hear the victorious roar of a multitude of kings.



© 2007 mrp/thepoetryman


Related Posts with Thumbnails