This is the new blog...CONFESSION ZERO

TO THE CHILDREN (an ode for Lazare Ponticelli)



"To the children, I told them and I repeated to them, do not make war."


--Lazare Ponticelli, 110; the last surviving French veteran of World War I (previously known as "The war to end all wars" and "The Great War"). Read more...



TO THE CHILDREN
a poem by thepoetryman

O embrace the stillness, the sky, green grass, love.
Place the goodness down… with plenty leftover;
The tranquil face of a child smiling on future suns,
Colossal portraits soaring over mirrors of blue water,
Beautiful noise strumming man’s veteran tongue,
Unmistakable truths spoken before the slaughter!

To the children, I told them, I repeated, do not make war.

The history of war need bend to our spirit not crush it.
No one lives alone, it is death that finds them there.




© 2007 mrp/thepoetryman

A tip of the hat to Watching Those We Chose

Rolling along "J"...


Related Posts with Thumbnails