This is the new blog...CONFESSION ZERO

AMANDA



Amanda,
I thought your loss was horrendous,
As an eye glimpsing war through a prism,
A safe distance, detached and far away.

Where I stood, the bombs seemed like deaf children
Franticly signing with their noiseless hands
Upon the streets of an obscure, idle freedom,
Where I tried desperately to speak to you,
Fumblingly reaching out like a blind man
Fending off a swarm of callous wasp.

Amanda,
You wouldn’t hear me, you couldn’t see me,
But I was there, screaming for you to live,
My tongue was as thick
As the pavement I stood on,
And my feet, as heavy.

My frantic cries were an unspoken plea
To the men with their hands on the lever,
To the heartless, the sightless warrior,
The squatting powers and bending earth,
To an unleashed evil where noise breathes
Like the cold-blooded machinery of ruin.

© 2008 mrp/tpm


Rolling along "G"...Global Voices Online - Godless Liberal Homo - Gorilla's Guides Group News Blog - Grub Street Journal - Gunfighter - Guns, Lawyers and Money
Related Posts with Thumbnails