This is the new blog...CONFESSION ZERO

SECOND HAND


Odd is it that I should think of clothing
While looking at the horrific picture above.


What ragged soul bore the tattered shirt I wear?
What insistent thrashing from the fuming globe
Did the arms in these ragged sleeves undergo?
Of their troubles... might I know?


A second hand story, a second hand building,
Second hand smoke curling allegiance to breath,
Second hand food, second hand clothing.
...Death.


Every piece of clothing I own has a hole in it somewhere;
A tear, a stubborn thread, shrunken look, sedated color,
A missing button, a snag, a raging crinkle, or furled collar,
Not unlike my heart over the genocide of a people.


© 2008 mrp/thepoetryman



1. U.N. halts Gaza aid deliveries, blames Israel
2. The Green Prophet
3. U.N. Suspends Gaza Aid Operations
4. The Daily Banter
Related Posts with Thumbnails