This is the new blog...CONFESSION ZERO

BLACK OAK TREE

An Ode to Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones


(A Poetic Justice Photomontage)

Democratic U.S. Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones, the first black woman to represent Ohio in Congress and a strong critic of the Iraq war, died Wednesday after a brain hemorrhage. (More...)

Stephanie was a “…fearless friend and unyielding advocate…” Barack Obama.



They gazed in awe at the black oak tree
standing tall above their many ashen faces.

She smiled upon them with lustrous teeth;
a majestic peace formed of its own will.

In the day she offered them her shade,
in the evenings,
the soothing light of her moon.

The warm curve of her skin embraced them,
spoke with them,
arcing her limbs in benevolent dance.

When the people would fix their eyes upon her
she kindly offered mother, sister, friend
and her grace touched them, as it does now,
in their search for an equally dazzling poem…

© 2008 mrp/tpm


Rolling along "I"...I Was Just Wondering - Ice Station Tango - If I Was God I'd Cry Too - Illiterate Electorate - Impeach George W. Bush - ImpeachBush - In Their Boots - Indict Dick Cheney - Informed Voters - Intrepid Liberal Journal - Iraq Body Count - Iraq Today - Iraq Veterans Against the War - It's Morning Somewhere - It's My Right To Be Left Of Center - I'm Jus' A Lil' Dizzy! - I'm Sorry World

Related Posts with Thumbnails